Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Skill Builders and Challenger Sports

For about ten 11 weeks now I have been participating in Skill builders and Challenger Sports every Tuesday night. As a lab assistant I am required to come for Challenger Sports, but I volunteer to come to Skill Builders as well. While working in Challenger Sports I get to see the older students and in Skill Builders I get to interact with the younger students. During these sessions I get to see a variety of students with disabilities and how they interact with future PE teachers. Having an aunt with Cerebral Palsy really gives me a passion for working with people with disabilities. While working at both sessions it really is about finding student’s abilities and building on them, rather then looking at their disability. Once the teacher gets past the disability, they really start to connect with their students and build a positive and productive learning environment. Through out the time I spent observing and interacting with these groups I saw many different teaching styles used to coupe with diverse learning needs. Attending these programs has really been an exceptional learning experience as well as a lot of fun.

Total Hours- 11

No comments:

Post a Comment