Monday, January 26, 2009

On the first day of EDU 255 we were asked to use one of five pieces of sports equipment to teach a particular skill in a five minute time period. As we taught our skill, we were video recorded so that later on we would be able to critique ourselves. Upon first watching the video, I noticed right away that I could barely hear what I was saying. If the camera could not pick up what i was saying only 15 or 20 feet away, then there's no way every student in a large gym would have been able to hear me ether. So I now know what I think might be loud and clear enough in a gym setting, really needs to increase in volume. Another way I noticed I can improve would be to go around while the students are practicing and give some positive feedback along with some constructive critiquing. This experience really gave me a better perspective on what I look like teaching in front of a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment